I'm writing this blog to keep my friends and family updated on my culinary adventures in China. Besides just talking about me, I promise to keep you all updated on important world happenings, like who is the hottest commie in China, whether Batman really can beat Superman without using kryptonite, and if the USA will ever be the same without me. And then we'll talk food. Lots of food.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hot Pot (part 2)


Each time I eat hot pot, I like it more. I've now had fish hot pot, tofu hot pot, hot pot with food-on-stick, and hot pot with innards. In some hot pot restaurants the food is ordered from a menu; in others it's selected from a display case. I usually prefer the latter.

Today I went to eat hot pot with my classmates. We went to a restaurant I've been meaning to try out for some time. We selected a wide assortment of vegetables to go in the boiling fire broth. Only a few pieces of meat were selected.

We ate and talked and enjoyed the spicy meal. At one point I noticed my classmate gaze at the far wall. I looked in the same direction following her line of sight. There it was: a giant rat crawling down a pipe.

What was that meat, anyways?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home